The term arthritis is derived from two words of different languages – from the Greek word ‘arthron’ denoting ‘joint’ and Latin word ‘itis’ signifying ‘inflammation’. So, arthritis stands for a condition indicating inflammation of the joints. It is common today that most people experience it at sometime or the other in their lifetime. No matter what the age is; arthritis can turn out to be an incapacitating condition in maximum individuals making them completely disable. In some cases, arthritis can be less severe in which the daily tasks become tough to perform. We know that a joint aids in moving the body parts. When some problem exists in these joins and in their bones, cartilage, and fluid; it results in arthritis causing inflammation and extreme pain. So, it becomes necessary to detect arthritis for combating it. And this is only possible if one is aware of the symptoms of arthritis, rather of the arthritis types. Listed below are the major types along with the early symptoms of arthritis that will aid in early diagnosis and treatment, which is a must.
This type mainly assaults the joints. But in some cases, it might also attack the tissues and organs such as the lungs. The symptoms of arthritis in this case are creation of rheumatoid nodules as a stern tissue lump and the inflammation of joints. Due to the inflammation, the stiffness is induced that makes the joint to move after much difficulty. So, the other symptoms are joint tenderness and stiffness experienced mostly in the morning, which remains for some hours during the day. If it is an early stage of arthritis, the patient can attempt to turn the joints gradually so that he or she can gain temporary relief from the stern pain. Listed below is the summarized list of the symptoms.
- Swollen, stiff, and inflamed joints in both the body sides
- Stiffness in the legs, fingers, wrists, and arms
- Sensation of tenderness upon a touch
- Red and inflated hands
- Nodules or bumps under the arm’s skin
- Undue exhaustion
- Weight loss
Basically attacking the old people, this type only damages the joints preventing its effects to spread to the other body parts. The joints affected here are spine, hips, hands, and knees. Listed below are the symptoms of arthritis in this type.
- Acute pain
- Feeling of burning in the tendon and muscle area
- Aggravated above symptoms due to the frequent use of the joint affected or after inactivity
- Tenderness in case the pressure is put on the joint
- Stiffness in the morning
- Difficulty in using the joint
- Loss of joint flexibility
- Grating experience while using the joint
- Lumps or spurs around the joint
Psoriatic Arthritis: This mainly occurs in the patients of psoriasis. It can take place within some 10 years of the skin disease. Listed below are the symptoms of arthritis for this type.
This mainly affects the spine’s lower part, the lumber area. Listed below are the symptoms of arthritis for this type.
- Frequent pain in the hips and lower back
- Stiffening sensation
- Aggravated symptoms after inactivity or rest
- Moving of the pain and discomfort until the neck including the rib cage
This type of arthritis is marked by too much pain mostly at night. Listed below arethe symptoms of arthritis for this type.
- Initially affecting the big toe and then reaching up to knees and hands
- Severe pain all of a sudden
Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis
This attacks only children and teens below 16. Listed below are the symptoms of arthritis for this type.
- Irregular fevers that are high in the evenings and go away all of a sudden
- Poor appetite
- Loss of weight
- Rashes on legs and arms
- Walking lamely
- Sore knee, finger, or wrist
- Swelling prevailing for a longer time
- Stiffness in hips, neck, or any other joint
This is mainly due to infection affecting mostly one joint – finger, wrist, shoulder, elbow, or knee. Listed below are the symptoms of arthritis for this type.
- Sharp pain
Leave a Reply