Herbal remedies for arthritis are some of the best ways to obtain relief from the arthritis symptoms. Arthritis is known as a joints disorder in which the joints have to bear the swelling and inflammation due to some defect in the tissue, muscle, bone, or cartilage. If joints do not function properly, you will also not be able to move and work. Therefore, it is very vital to keep the joints intact and restore their lost strength. This can be done by taking good care. One such way is to use herbs for arthritis treatment due to which extra nourishment are offered to the joints. Listed are some of the most common herbs for arthritis management.
- Alfalfa: This is among the most famous and widely used remedies to treat arthritis. Since ages, this has been an effective herb for arthritis. Therefore, it is regarded as a traditional remedy. It is suggested to use it as herbal tea rather than to use in its powder form.
- Ginger: This is the herb with countless benefits. Indians use this widely. Its tea or compress aids greatly in combating the swelling due to arthritis.
- Ginseng Liquor: This is an adaptogen that aids to tackle any type of stress. This herb ensures so due to the presence of ginsenosides in it that act when stress is experienced by the body. Ginseng tea is the best for arthritis patients due to its many wonders. However, ensure that you use only American Ginseng as the Asian type adds to the pain.
- Pineapple: This fruit possesses Bromelain that refers to a chemical preventing swelling. Further, it also digests fibrin that is responsible for certain arthritis types namely rheumatism and osteoarthritis.
- Sesame Seeds: These are popular and are used in the treatment of arthritis just because of the presence of the mineral copper in them. Copper aids in muscle strengthening. As the person experiences arthritis attacks, the body requires more nutrition that is met by copper.
- Oregano: This acts as a strong antioxidant that aids in avoiding any kind of cell damage due to free radicals. Free radicals exist during growing age, inflammation, and degenerative arthritis.
- Licorice: This herb functions as a cortisone, possesses major anti-allergy and anti-inflammatory effects, and is effective against inflammation since many centuries.
- Celery: Raw or boiled celery is one of the good remedies for arthritis type named rheumatism. This is because it is full of minerals and many of its parts hold over 25 anti-inflammatory substances.
This is the king of the Asian herbs, especially used in India. This is because turmeric can deal with all kinds of health issues right from wounds to sore throat. In case of arthritis, it is effective because of its yellow pigment named curcumin that possesses anti-inflammatory effects.
This is mainly present in the wintergreen oil. But, for arthritis, you need to take its dried form. Otherwise, it can be risky if used in the concentrated oil form.
Rosemary: The tea of this herb is a better choice for improving the condition of arthritis. It is a typical American folk herb.
- Willow: This herb holds a chemical named Salicin that is considered as the actual herbal aspirin. Its bark tea functions exactly as an aspirin to alleviate swelling as well as pain.
- Angelica: This is the famous European folk herb that constitutes 12 anti-inflammatory substances. This is true for its western variety. In addition, it holds many pain relieving and anti-spasmodic substances.
- Boswellia: This refers to an anti-inflammatory herb possessing rare properties. It acts quite as if it is a NSAID.
- Raw Juices along with Green Leafy Vegetables: No matter how much you hate them, but they are always ready to save you. Extract fresh juice from a green leafy vegetable and blend it with celery or carrot juice. These iron-rich items possess alkaline properties that have the power to discard the unwanted deposits flanking the joints and tissues.
- Lime: This is a vitamin C-rich item that is a famous immune stimulator. Lime is one of the preferred herbal remedies for arthritis, as it dissolves uric acid, the cause of gout arthritis. When you get up in the morning, have one lime’s juice diluted in water.
However, in case, if the above herbs for arthritis treatment are not enough, then you can also try the wild cucumber bark, red or cayenne pepper, black cohosh, and mustard plaster.
Leave a Reply